Elastic Composite Material
Create superior elastic and breathable composites powered by Conwed Elastomeric Square Netting.
What Is Elastomeric Material Or Elastic Composite?
An elastomeric material exhibits elastic, recovery, or rubber-like properties. Generally speaking, elastomeric materials are measured in material type, compound, and hardness (durometer).
Conwed Manufactures Elastomeric Material And Elastic Composites
From adult incontinence briefs and underwear to baby training pants and apparel waistbands, our elastomeric netting powers diverse elastic composites. Conwed™ Elastic Square Netting is an ideal stretch engine material for hygiene, medical, therapeutic, and apparel products. Initially designed for hygiene applications needing stretchable and durable composites, elastic composites made from Conwed netting have been tailored for products that need to be worn without motion restriction.
Generally used in composite form with nonwovens and other fabrics, Conwed™ Elastic Netting is the leading elastomeric netting in the world. It is a competitive alternative to other stretch materials such as spandex, films, and stretchable nonwovens. In addition to the elastic stretchability and superior recovery properties with less energy loss, our elastomeric netting provides superior breathability and fit. Its breathable properties make our elastomeric netting the ultimate stretch engine in consumer products, where skin protection and comfort are essential for market adoption and long-term success.
Benefits of Conwed™ Elastic Composites:
- Mesh configuration with multiple holes provides a highly breathable surface that improves air permeability, water vapor transmission, and heat transfer of the final nonwoven composite
- Delivers improved breathability performance compared to solid or perforated film composites
- Flat surface helps create smooth, uniform, and aesthetically attractive elastic composites for comfortable and discreet product designs
- Hysteresis performance can be customized or matched to that of other stretchable materials such as spandex, films, and nonwovens
- Breathable mesh configuration helps draw moisture away from the user’s skin and disperse it over a determined area where it can evaporate.
- Ideal stretch engine for elastic waistbands, side panels, and collars.
Compared to other elastic composites and stretchable materials, such as spandex, films, and stretchable nonwovens, our Conwed™ Elastomeric Netting can be designed with stretchability features in one or both directions of the web.
Conwed™ Bi-Component Netting in Hygiene & Therapeutic Applications
Conwed™ Elastomeric Netting is often used in composite form to reinforce, laminate, stretch, and bond different substrates. In therapeutic wraps, our bi-component netting provided an elastomer in the cross direction (CD) and an ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) in the machine direction (MD). This netting design helped create a stretchable composite with superior fit and drapeability for a therapeutic wrap. Our bi-component technology allows us to develop elastomeric netting configurations with stretchability features in the cross direction (CD) and another resin in the machine direction (MD). These composites are often used in elastic waistbands for adult incontinence briefs and underwear.